Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Haven SF : Caroline Wozniacki beat Flavia Pennetta ( ITA ) 6-4, 6-1

By beating Flavia Pennetta 6-4, 6-1, Caroline Wozniacki qualified for her 7th final of the year. She beat quite confortably Flavia Pennetta in straight sets. But her serve isn't optimal yet. There still are some problems with it.
In their H2H , Caroline now leads 2-0.

In the final, she will play against Elena Vesnina who beat in the semis Amélie Mauresmo ( FRA ) in 3 sets 5-7, 6-1, 6-2. Knowing the quite poor ratio of won/lost finals of Caroline ( 2/4 ) and also the fact Vesnina beat Caroline earlier this year, Caroline will have to play a very good tennis to clinch her 3rd title of the year and for the 2nd time in a row New Haven.

In the H2H, Caroline leads 2-1.

The match will be played tomorrow but I hope the rain won't disturb the day as today it rained alot at New Haven.

There will be a coverage of the final, I think and I'll try to catch it to give my impressions. I hope it won't be another disappointment.

As we say in Danish : Kom saa Caroline !

NB : I'll post the US Open draw on Sunday !

No comments:

Post a Comment