Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Caroline last blog entry !

She's unhappy with the WTA and tournament director of Beijing China Open. She wanted to play on monday her match versus Martinez Sanchez, not on Sunday.

Source : Caroline Wozniacki official blog

Hello Everyone,

Sorry it has been a few weeks since I have put up a new blog update, but I am in Beijing now and have some free time so I wanted to let everyone know what I have been doing. After my great US Open, and trip to New York, I went home to Copenhagen for a few days where I spent some time with my friends and family, and also went to Monaco where I have a home now too. On one of my days off, my brother Patrick and I took a short trip to Paris to attend Eva Longoria and Tony Parker’s charity event with some other tennis players – David Ferrer and Fernando Verdasco. It was so much fun, and I had a good time getting all dressed up for the charity every which was very, very nice.

After about ten days off (which was much shorter than I expected after the US Open because I didn’t expect to get to the finals), I had to head to Tokyo for the first of three events in Asia. I don’t know if it was because the flight was so long, or I was enjoying myself too much at home, but I ended up getting sick with some sort of virus the past six or seven days which has been very unfortunate. In Tokyo, I drew Aleksandra Wozniak of Canada in my first round, and I knew I shouldn’t have played at all, but I was hoping the adrenaline of the match would carry me through it. However, I ended up having to stop at the end of the first set and retire which I was disappointed about. After my match, I ended up staying in Tokyo for a few days to get some rest before I hopped on a flight to Beijing for my next event – the China Open.

In Beijing, I still was not feeling close to 100%, so I asked the tournament director and WTA for a Monday start (instead of playing my first round on Sunday), but it was very frustrating to learn on Saturday that I was scheduled to play my first match on Sunday. I really needed every hour of rest to get over this virus and ready for my first match, but the WTA or tournament director did not seem to care at all and take this into consideration. The WTA Tour is supposed to be a players union, but I certainly don’t think they represented my best interest this week in Beijing and it was very disappointing. In my first round, I ended up playing Maria Jose Martinez-Sanchez, and I played a good first set which I won close 7-5. In the second set, it was really close again but I lost it in a tiebreaker and then in the third set I just completely ran out of energy and ended up losing the match.

Losing my first round in is Beijing was exactly what I was worried about since I have not practiced for more than one hour in the past week. I was hopeful that if th WTA were to give me a first round start on Monday that I could’ve had a much better chance of winning and feeling better as I were to advance through the tournament. I am never one to make excuses because Martinez-Sanchez did play a good match, but I really feel the WTA and tournament director could’ve helped me and they chose not to.

So far my trip to Asia has been disappointing to say the least because I have only played one match and a set in the past two weeks, but I am really looking forward to going to Osaka for my last event in Asia. I have a lot of good memories of Osaka from back in the juniors because it is where I won my first big junior tournament. This is the first time since I have been on the Tour that there has been an event in Osaka, and I am really exited to be playing in it. My goal is of course to win the event, however at this point I would just be happy getting some good matches to prepare for the Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha in three weeks.

After the Sony Ericsson Championships, I am planning to go on a ten day holiday with some of my girlfriends and it has been fun the past few days trying to figure out where we will go to rest and have some fun. I will be sure to announce my holiday plans when I know more, and in the meantime I hope all of my fans are doing well and thank you for all your tremendous support – it means so much to me!

Best Wishes,

Caroline



No comments:

Post a Comment